Art resourcing, planning, teaching and assessing; for primary school class teachers, curriculum designers and primary art co-coordinators. Buy tickets here.
Date And Time
Fri, October 11, 2019
1:00 PM – 4:30 PM BST
35-39 London street Reading Berkshire
Brixton Pound Cafe, 77 Atlantic Road, London, SW9 8PU
Art resourcing, planning, teaching and assessing; for primary school class teachers, curriculum designers and primary art co-coordinators.
BOOKING IS ESSENTIAL
During the session we will look at…
How to map out/update a whole school art curriculum
- Ensuring use of a range of art and artists for stimulus i.e. not limited to the ‘core’ 20th Century male artists.
- Making sure that children feel represented by the art/artists they are exposed to i,.e diversity in art and artists
- Ensuring a range of techniques and skills, with built in progression throughout year groups
- Safeguarding time for genuine creativity as well as outcome based schemes of work
What progression looks like in art and design
- How to track progress in art skills drawing/painting/collage/printing/sculpting and responding to art verbally/written
Useful forms of assessment in art and design
- Methods of peer and self assessment that improve outcomes
Treating the pupils like artists
- Allowing time for ideas development
- How to think like an artist
EVENT FACILITATOR: Emily Gopaul